About Nishkam Sikh Welfare Council (Regd.) – NSWC (Nishkam)
Nishkam Sikh Welfare Council (Regd.) is a non-profit, non-political, social welfare organization serving helpless widows, orphans and destitute old persons irrespective of caste, creed and religion for the last 32 years. Nishkam is having activities across the country namely Chandigarh, Haryana, Rajasthan, Uttar Pradesh, Karnataka and Delhi. Nishkam has been providing support to Sikligar society by educating their children and building their houses in Karnataka, Uttar Pradesh, Rajasthan and other states in India. Nishkam has been providing scholarships to brilliant and needy students:
- of classes VII to XI, with financial support of Relief Committee of Greater New York, U.S.A
- of classes XI and XII, with financial support of our esteemed donors in the sweet memory of their dear ones under the Master Harbans Singh Memorial Scholarship Programme
- pursuing graduation under Nishkam Merit-cum-Means Scholarships.
- pursuing professional courses from recognized universities under SHDF Scholarships and this scholarship is fully funded by Sikh Human Development foundation, USA.
Besides this, Nishkam is also running a Medical Centre, Computer centre, Type/Shorthand centre, Tuition centre, Music Centre and Library at Head-office, New Delhi with having offices at Kharar (Chandigarh), Yamuna Nagar (Haryana), Amritsar (Punjab) and Faridkot (Punjab).
About Sikh Human Development Foundation, Inc. USA - SHDF
The Sikh Human Development Foundation, Inc., USA (SHDF), set up in 1999, is a totally non-political and a non-profit organization. SHDF has close association with Nishkam since 2001 for implementing its professional college degree scholarship program as well as the complementary skill and character building programs. SHDF scholarship program conducts written tests and interviews at New Delhi, Amritsar, Chandigarh, Faridkot, Moga, Bathinda, Ludhiana etc. and disburses scholarships to the students who meet the criterion of poverty and academic performance. In 2015, 539 scholarships were granted.
Manager for SHDF Division
- The Manager will be responsible for the overall management and supervision of our SHDF Division for implementation of SHDF program in a most appropriate and efficient manner. The SHDF program consists of two main activities:
- The SHDF Scholarship Program begins with inviting applications, arranging written tests and interview for the students who have cleared their written testat seven different centres i.e. New Delhi, Chandigarh, Amritsar, Faridkot, Moga, Bathinda and Ludhiana and concludes with the approval and disbursement of scholarships to the successful applicants in specially held functions at these centres.
- Improving the efficiency and effectiveness of the scholarship program through associated on-going or newly planned initiatives. These initiatives include, but are not necessarily limited to:
- A comprehensive annual analysis of the scholarship program for bringing in improvements and efficient implementation of this project in future.
- Creating an alumni association of scholarship recipients right from the beginning.
- Tracking the career paths of scholarship recipients over the longer term.
- Mentoring the scholarship recipients for providing them life skills and career opportunities through grooming workshops.
- Organizing annual get-to-gether of members of Alumni in order to provide them a chance for interaction and supporting each other.
- Encouraging networking amongst scholarship recipients.
- Establishing contacts with reputable institutions, which may be helpful for scholarship program and beneficial for the scholarship recipients.
- Planning, organizing, travelling and attending scholarship related invents in Punjab and surrounding areas.
- Developing new initiatives for the improvement of the scholarship program.
- The candidate should preferably have a Master’s degree/MBA and proven proficiency in related computer programs and workable knowledge of Punjabi.
- He/she should have experience in leading and coordinating small teams with multiple responsibilities.
- He/she must be committed and passionate about promoting the SHDF human development program for the poor but bright students.
- Candidates for the manager’s position must have at least five years’ experience, having worked in a responsible position with the government, or with the public or private sector or with a reputed NGO.
LAST DATE FOR FILING APPLICATIONS: 15th May, 2017.
- Applications may be sent along with latest resume to President/General Secretary at Nishkam Bhawan, B-Block, Tilak Vihar, Near Tilak Nagar, New Delhi-18 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Selected applicants will be required to come for interview at the Nishkam Head office.
- Original testimonials will be needed at the time of interview.
- No T.A/D.A will be paid for attending Interview.
- Salary will be negotiable depending on qualifications and work experience.